Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lock and Load...

Shooting the occasional personal project can really get you energized as an image maker. I know that I don't make the time to shoot new portfolio images as often as I should. Somewhere in all the work and bills to be paid, my urge to shoot personal images gets its butt kicked. I find that writing an idea down on paper ( scribbles, drawings etc...) in front of my computer really helps to make it happen. Without that constant reminder, the self- originated, creative and satisfying work just gets forgotten in my daily grind to get ahead. You have to convince yourself of the importance of shooting new work. New images can bring you new clients. Pick a day on the calendar and schedule your time just as you would for a real paying job!

PS. Speaking of a Digital Dilemma! ..... I have 11 or 12 episodes of ABC's ' Lost ' digitally recorded on my cable box. I don't know whether the SOB's are still lost?..... on the island?......
off the island? Are they all robots, or maybe just a figment of some autistic kids imagination staring at a "welcome to the islands" picture postcard! My family has to whisper about plot lines because I have gotten so far behind. They are irritated with me! Eventually, someone is going to spill the beans and tell me something that will ruin it for me............Now that's a Digital Dilemma!